Sunday, February 15, 2009

Real heroes........



There have been some real heroes for the kids at Ikhaya Likababa! I am truly thankful for your big hearts and your patience listening to my plight for the kids. Your sensitivity and generosity is extremely well received! The kids thank you and a big smile to you.....



This is Jeanne and Nolan they have two daughters Cassidy and Elyse. I knew Jeanne way back in junior high school and she had the patience and endurance to lead me spiritually to the Lord..... (at least she sure tried hard!) I am so grateful to have her in my life, even if it is only though FB at the moment! Jeanne and Nolan donated to Ikhaya and I love them to bits for their generosity. The Lord says those who give will be truly blessed but don't let your left hand know what your right hand is doing! Thank you for beings so spiritually beautiful!

Ok, is this not totally beautiful????!!!! My very talented sister, Cheryl made it to donate to the babies at Ikhaya. I must admit (secretly) that I am having a very hard time bringing these items to the orphanage, they are so GORGEOUS! The blanket is so cute with the little trains, bears, blocks and other toys, the inside is flannel and soooooo soft!

These clothes were also sent by Cheryl, Paulo, Natalie and Kaitlyn. They are the cutest! Most of the babies come to the orphanage with absolutely nothing except what they are wearing. How nice that they can have something that is just their very own! I adore the dainty patterns and beautiful soft colours. I also love the zebra shirt with matching pants, I know just the girl who will look adorable in it......
A big thank you to Mr. Dave Ferguson from CAN-NOR who donated printer ink for our ongoing efforts to fund raise and bring awareness about orphaned babies here in South Africa. It is amazing how much printer ink you can go through printing out letters and information. Mr. Ferguson was the first person to say "yes" just when I was losing all hope! Of course Melanie (founder and owner) says "Karen, we just do the approaching, the Lord raises the money and donations!" Thanks for being so encouraging and keeping things in perspective Melanie!
Ok, so here are a few hero's that have really made a huge difference in the lives our children at Ikhaya Likababa! A huge thank you!

No comments: