Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Taking care of me....





Taking care of me!
I have come to realize something in the last couple months……If I don’t care for myself then I am not a very healthy wife and mother. My patience is about zero and my tolerance even less than that! Can anyone relate? About a year ago I realized I was a bit “chunky” around the middle and didn’t feel very good about myself. I attempted to eat less and tried some herbal treatments to help melt off some of the extra weight. Guess what happened? Right on…nothing, still the same weight and roll over the top of my pants! Still lethargic and not so energetic…..and pretty down! The more I thought about myself the more I became grouchy and disappointed!!!
I am not sure what happened but about two months ago I began walking every morning. When we are home I walk to the mailboxes which is about a 4km round trip. I have gotten that down to about 35 minutes now. Here on Sechelt I found this wonderful hill up to the airport. I don’t quite make 4 kms round trip but the hill makes up for the distance.
So, you ask, have I lost an weight? Well, truth be told my scale and I parted ways several months ago. I would get on my scale after days of starving and being miserably strict with myself. Guess what that scale shouted at me…..”ha ha still the same weight sucker!!” Needless to say the scale was dismantled very traumatically and aggressively and is now in very tiny pieces in my garage! That will teach it for shouting wrong numbers at me! Anyone else have issues with their scales???
My truth and well being is not in the numbers of my scale. These last couple months I feel great! I am sure I have lost some inches from the roll over the top of my pants. What matters most is how I feel about myself and how my family feels about me! I have the patients and energy to slow down and listen. To wait my turn to share and to give of myself much more happily!
My encouragement to everyone would be to take good care of yourself. Get your family to cheer you on and encourage you! My biggest fan club and cheering group is Frank and the kids. I love coming back from a walk to hear…”Snoogie, your back!”

No comments: